Audacy Releases Second “State of Audio” Guide
Second Installment of Biannual Guide Explores Key Audio Trends Relevant to Listeners, Creators and Advertisers
PHILADELPHIA, PA – May 16, 2022 – Audacy has just released their “State of Audio” e-book that details key insights relevant to the listeners, creators and advertisers revolutionizing audio.
“Audio is a trusted companion to hundreds of millions of listeners and more than any other medium, the best way creators across the globe connect with their audiences authentically and intimately at scale,” said Paul Suchman, Chief Marketing Officer, Audacy. “Our second edition of the “State of Audio, The Disruptors: The Listeners, Advertisers, and Creators Revolutionizing Audio” focuses on the people, strategies, and content shaping Audio’s meteoric rise as a must have media for marketers.”
Key metrics from the guide include:
- Audio revenue outpaced video in 2021. Per the latest IAB Advertising Revenue Report, audio streaming revenue is up +59% YOY. And audio streaming growth is outpacing investments in video, social and search.
- Audio usage has eclipsed TV, including CTV
- Audio reaches everyone, with 99% of US adults reporting using audio monthly. And that’s more than the total use of TV, including connected devices. (Source: Nielsen, Q4 2021)
- Even movie enthusiasts are more likely to stream audio than video. (Source: MRI Simmons, Winter 2022)
- Future is audio. Gen Z and Millennials are more likely to stream audio than video. (Source: MRI Simmons, Spring 2021)
- Time spent listening on AM/FM streaming and podcast content has increased +64% from 2015 to Q1 2022. (Source: Edison Research, Share of Ear Study, Q4 2015-Q1 2022)
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).