Entercom and “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” to Deliver Turkeys to Families in Need
96.3 The Block in Greenville, 97.1 QMG in Greensboro, 95.7 R&B in Norfolk and 106.5 The Beat in Richmond Participating in “The Annual Steve Harvey Morning Show Turkey Giveaway”
PHILADELPHIA, PA – November 13, 2019 – Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the U.S., and the “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” will collaborate to provide families with holiday cheer this season. Entercom stations 96.3 The Block (WFBC-HD2) in Greenville, SC, 97.1 QMG (WQMG-FM) in Greensboro, NC, 95.7 R&B (WVKL-FM) in Norfolk, VA, 106.5 The Beat (WBTJ-FM) in Richmond, VA will participate in “The Annual Steve Harvey Morning Show Turkey Giveaway” to deliver Thanksgiving meals to over 700 families in need.
“We consider it an honor and a privilege to help those who are less fortunate during the holiday season,” said Steve Harvey during a recent broadcast. “On behalf of the entire “Steve Harvey Morning Show,” Happy Thanksgiving and God bless you all.”
“The holiday season is all about giving back to those in need,” said Jeff Sottolano, Senior Vice President of Radio and RADIO.COM, Entercom. “We are thankful for the generosity and goodwill of our local communities to help needy families celebrate the holidays.”
Program details for each participating station below:
96.3 The Block – Greenville, SC
- Single-parent families can register to participate at com until November 20
- Families selected will be contacted by one of three participating community centers for pickup information by November 22
- Listeners can drop off canned goods and non-perishable items at the station located at 25 Garlington Road in Greenville, SC weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. until November 22
- The Block will broadcast live from participating community centers on November 25-27
- Ingles Markets will donate 200 of the turkeys to be distributed by The Block, along with sides, which will help provide 300 Thanksgiving dinners
- Additional sponsors include Healthy Blue, The Reedy River Water Quality Group and Pepsi Cares
97.1 QMG – Greensboro, NC
- Station will partner with 2nd Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina, Greensboro Urban Ministries and The Green Team Helping Hands to distribute 100 turkeys to families in the Triad
- Turkeys to be distributed on Monday, November 25
95.7 R&B – Norfolk, VA
- 100 turkeys will be donated by the station to New Jerusalem Church of God In Christ to provide to families who have been identified as in need for the holidays
- New Jerusalem Church of God In Christ will be adding non-perishable items and Pepsi will provide beverages to complete the holiday meal for families in the Hampton Roads area
106.5 The Beat – Richmond, VA
- Turkeys will be donated to ten select non-profits in the area, including the Ricky Johnson Foundation, that will receive six turkeys each
- Listeners can nominate a non-profit of their choice for a chance to receive a turkey donation at the following link: https://1065thebeat.radio.com/turkey-drop
- Turkeys for the chosen non-profit organizations will be distributed on November 26
- 5 The Beat afternoon host and Program Director Mike Street, Richmond Sheriff’s Department and Petersburg Sheriff’s Department will hand deliver a total of 40 turkeys
“The Annual Steve Harvey Morning Show Turkey Giveaway,” has donated close to 80,000 turkeys nationwide since its inaugural event in 2009.
96.3 The Block, 97.1 QMG, 95.7 R&B and 106.5 The Beat are RADIO.COM stations. RADIO.COM, the fastest growing digital audio app in the United States and the leader in local sports coverage, currently has over 500 stations and thousands of podcasts, with more added continuously on its rapidly growing platform. RADIO.COM is a part of Entercom.
About Entercom Communications Corp.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 170 million people each month through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country’s two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12+ in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation’s unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.audacyinc.wpengine.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).