Audacy’s KYW Newsradio Honors 2022 GameChangers in Annual Black History Month Ceremony
PHILADELPHIA, PA – February 28, 2022 – Audacy announced KYW Newsradio (103.9 FM / 1060 AM) in Philadelphia awarded its annual GameChangers honors, recognizing people making a difference in communities of color around the Philadelphia region. This years’ honorees were recognized at a ceremony at Audacy’s Philadelphia office on February 27.
“KYW Newsradio shines light on the stories of people from all backgrounds doing amazing things in our communities who might not otherwise get the recognition they deserve,” said David Yadgaroff, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Audacy Philadelphia. “That’s part of our mission 365 days a year, and we’re proud to award these meaningful honors to these outstanding community leaders during Black History Month.”
The 2022 KYW Newsradio GameChangers honorees are:
- Sherman Washington: Changing the game on and off the soccer field
- Sonya Carroll: Changing the game by feeding the community
- Joel and Cheryl Seay: Changing the game in their son’s memory
- Anthony Martin: Changing the game by forging careers in racing
- Rita Whitaker: Changing the game by teaching at-risk women life skills
- Jase Elam: Changing the game by helping youth find their power
- Lorraine Horton: Changing the game by keeping the lights on
- Sherica Douglas: Changing the game by choosing to serve
- Angela Bell: Changing the game by keeping kids out of the criminal justice system
- David Broida: Changing the game by embracing MLK Day
KYW Newsradio community impact reporter Racquel Williams, who has been highlighting the GameChangers honorees throughout February, hosted the ceremony. The 2022 recipients were nominated by members of the audience and selected by a panel of previous honorees.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD; OTC: AUDA) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).