RADIO.COM Once Again Fastest Growing Digital Audio Platform in the U.S. In May According to comScore
Digital Audio Platform Grows by Six Million Monthly Unique Users Year-Over-Year, More Than Any Other Player
PHILADELPHIA, PA – June 16, 2020 – Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company and the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content, announced that RADIO.COM grew its U.S. monthly unique users by 6 million versus May 2019, according to comScore, more than any other digital audio platform measured by the service. Once again the fastest growing digital audio platform in the United States in May, delivering a 45% year-over-year (YOY) increase, RADIO.COM, is a leading digital audio and content platform that is the exclusive digital home for all Entercom content across its leading portfolio of over 230 stations, along with hundreds of affiliate stations, thousands of top podcasts, live and on-demand video, and premium content across local and national news, entertainment, music and sports in markets all across the U.S., delivered category leading growth in May.
RADIO.COM’s total monthly active users across (MAU) all platforms is now over 40 million, with strong MAU growth also contributing to the platform’s expanding first-party data set and rapidly growing addressable audio impressions across both streaming and podcast.
Other notable highlights include:
- COM held the record in engaging listeners by showing 10 straight months of double-digit increases in total listening hours (TLH) – the only Triton-measured publisher to do so
- COM also experienced month-to-month growth in May, one of only two digital audio platforms to deliver month-to-month growth during this period
- Smart speaker tune-in increased, up 89% YOY
- Individual formats also showed YOY growth, with news TLH surging +50% and music increasing 11%
- Despite a lack of live sports, the voice of the fan remained dominant, driving double-digit TLH growth across our leading sports talk brands, including Kansas City (+86%), San Diego (+42%) and Boston (+25%), among others.
About Entercom Communications Corp.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading audio and entertainment company engaging over 170 million consumers each month through its iconic broadcast brands, expansive digital platform, premium podcast network and live events and experiences. With presence in every major U.S. market, and accessible on every device, Entercom delivers the industry’s most compelling live and on-demand content and experiences from voices and influencers its communities trust and love. The company’s robust portfolio of assets and integrated solutions offer advertisers today’s most engaged audiences through targeted reach, brand amplification and local activation—all at national scale. Entercom is the unrivaled leader in local radio sports and news and the #1 creator of live, original local audio content in the U.S. Learn more at www.audacyinc.wpengine.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
 comScore Media Metrix Multiplatform, U.S. Unique Users, May 2019 vs. May 2020
 Triton Webcast Metrics, May 2019 vs. May 2020
 comScore Media Metrix Multiplatform, U.S. Unique Users, April 2020 vs. May 2020
 Triton Digital, May 2019 vs May 2020
 Triton, Monthly TLH May 2020, May 2019, All Dayparts