Audacy Launches Modern Blueprint for Audio Advertising
Company’s Fifth State of Audio Guide Provides Playbook for Elevating Advertising Performance with Precision Audio Planning, Creative Best Practices and the Latest Trends
PHILADELPHIA, PA – October 24, 2023 – Audacy has released State of Audio: Level Up, the fifth installment of the Company’s bi-annual audio thought leadership series. This edition is a modern blueprint for audio advertising, designed to provide a go-to playbook – including planning tips, creative how-to’s and innovative trends – to help advertisers level up the performance of their audio investments.
“Audio is proving itself as a must-have media for marketers,” said Paul Suchman, Chief Marketing Officer, Audacy. “Our advertisers are embracing the power of multi-platform audio with media plans that utilize radio, digital audio and podcasts, working together to reach audiences with unprecedented precision and drive quantifiable outcomes for their brands.”
Key metrics and findings from the Guide include:
- Seeing isn’t necessarily believing. Audio advertising works harder – driving more than two times the attention of TV and social media at more desirable CPMs.
- Radio and digital audio are stronger together. A multi-platform audio strategy is so powerful that advertisers see 1.5 times the return on ad spend compared to digital-only campaigns.
- Advertisers are leaving upwards of $6 billion in revenue on the table by not including total audio – a balanced mix of traditional broadcast radio and digital audio – in their media mix, according to a study conducted by Audacy and Neustar.
Source: Neustar Meta-Analysis of Audio Performance, 2023; Statista.com Industry 2022 Revenue Reports
- No one knows this better than Live Nation, whose audio campaign rocked out with a 1,000% return on ad spend (ROAS) for their integrated audio campaign.
Advice for Advertisers:
Audio advertising has many moving parts: creative, frequency, day-parts, genre, and measurement. State of Audio: Level Up gathered advice from experts in each specialty to simplify creating audio campaigns. The guide includes cheat codes including:
- Building creative that will maximize the value of advertiser buys
- Metrics that allow advertisers to measure audio vs. other media accurately
- Podcast campaign ideas that break through the noise
To download State of Audio: Level Up, please click here.
Audacy, Inc. is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company that connects with 200 million consumers. Powered by its exclusive, premium audio content that includes unrivaled leadership positions in news and sports radio, Audacy operates one of the country’s two scaled radio broadcasting groups, a rapidly growing direct-to-consumer digital audio platform, multiple audio networks, a major event business and a leading, award-winning podcast studio Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp), X (@AudacyCorp), LinkedIn (@Audacy-Inc), Instagram (@lifeataudacy) and Threads (@AudacyCorp).