Entercom Teams Up with “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” to Deliver Turkeys to Families in Need
96.3 The Block in Greenville, 97.1 QMG in Greensboro, 95.7 R&B in Norfolk and 106.5 The Beat in Richmond Participating in the “Steve Harvey Morning Show Annual Turkey Give”
PHILADELPHIA, PA – November 19, 2020 – Entercom has partnered with “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” to provide turkeys to families in need this holiday season. Entercom stations 96.3 The Block (WFBC-HD2) in Greenville, SC, 97.1 QMG (WQMG-FM) in Greensboro, NC, 95.7 R&B (WVKL-FM) in Norfolk, VA and 106.5 The Beat (WBTJ-FM) in Richmond, VA will participate in the “Steve Harvey Morning Show Annual Turkey Give” that will deliver Thanksgiving meals to nearly 9,000 families in need across the country.
“During an especially challenging year, we’re happy to bring together four of our stations and partner with Steve Harvey to provide Thanksgiving meals to those in need,” said Jeff Sottolano, Executive Vice President, Programming, Entercom. “Our greatest responsibility is the ability to connect deeply and authentically with the communities we serve, and we’re thankful for the opportunity to celebrate the holidays with them.”
“Now, more than ever, we understand the importance of providing assistance to those who are less fortunate, especially as we move into the holiday season,” said Steve Harvey during a recent broadcast. “On behalf of the entire ‘Steve Harvey Morning Show,’ Happy Thanksgiving and God bless you all.”
Program details for each participating station below.
96.3 The Block – Greenville, SC
- Station will give away 300 turkeys to families in need – 100 in Greenville, in Spartanburg, and in Anderson Counties – for the third year in a row
- Families can find information on receiving a turkey at com
- Families can visit one of three participating community partners for drive-thru pickup distribution on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Greenville: Cherrydale Elementary School (302 Perry Road, Greenville, SC 29609) on Monday, November 23 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. ET
- Spartanburg: Dr. TK Gregg Community Center (650 Howard Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303) on Tuesday, November 24 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. ET
- Turkeys were donated by “The Steve Harvey Morning Show” and Food Lion
- Northside Voyagers will donate 100 bags of rice and 400 canned goods to the Spartanburg event on November 24
- Renewable Water Resources will donate 100 turkey grease cans and 100 totes at each event to encourage proper fats oils and grease disposal
- Additional sponsors include Healthy Blue SC, the Greenville County School District, Spartanburg Parks and Rec, Anderson County School District 5 and The Zone
97.1 QMG – Greensboro, NC
- Station partnered with 2nd Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina and Greensboro Urban Ministries to distribute 80 gift cards, redeemable for a 15 to 20-pound turkey, to families in the Triad
- Gift cards for turkeys were distributed on Friday, November 13
95.7 R&B – Norfolk, VA
- 80 turkeys will be donated by the station to New Jerusalem Church of God In Christ to provide to families who have been identified as in need for the holidays
- New Jerusalem Church of God In Christ will be adding non-perishable items and Pepsi will provide beverages to complete the holiday meal for families in the Hampton Roads area
106.5 The Beat – Richmond, VA
- Turkeys will be donated to ten select nonprofits in the area, including the Ricky Johnson Foundation, that will receive six turkeys each
- Listeners can nominate a non-profit of their choice for a chance to receive a turkey donation at the following link: https://1065thebeat.radio.com/turkey-drop
- Turkeys for the chosen non-profit organizations will be distributed on November 26
- 5 The Beat afternoon host and Brand Manager Mike Street, Richmond Sheriff’s Department and Petersburg Sheriff’s Department will hand deliver a total of 20 turkeys
The “Steve Harvey Morning Show Annual Turkey Give” has donated close to 90,000 turkeys nationwide since its inaugural event in 2009.
Entercom is committed to supporting the health and success of the communities that are the heart of its business. Participating in the “Steve Harvey Morning Show Annual Turkey Give” is a part of Entercom Serves, the Company’s social impact platform that raises awareness of social issues and brings communities together for good. Entercom unites with its listeners and brands to support sound communities through several pillars of impact: children’s health, mental health and anti-bullying, veterans and service members, the environment, civic education, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
About Entercom Communications Corp.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is the #1 creator of live, original local audio content in the U.S and the unrivaled leader in local radio sports and news. Home to the nation’s most influential collection of podcasts, digital and broadcast content, and premium live experiences, Entercom engages over 170 million consumers each month. Available on every device in every major U.S. market, the company delivers the industry’s most compelling live and on-demand content and experiences from voices and influencers its communities trust and love. Entercom’s robust portfolio of assets and integrated solutions offer advertisers today’s most engaged audiences through targeted reach, brand amplification and local activation—all at national scale. Learn more at www.audacyinc.wpengine.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).